Grand Junction Athletic Club

Forum specially for Western Colorado, Grand Junction and surrounding areas.

Grand Junction Athletic Club

Postby mammajen on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:28 am

GJ Athletic Club has a variety of offerings for kids ages18 months and up. Dubbed “Kids In Motion”, they offer Mommy and Me classes, gymnastics, ballet, racquetball, swimming, and outdoor play.

My two girls participated in a Tots gymnastics class for ages 3-5 years old and they loved it. Taught by Miss Peggy, this class utilized two studios, consisting of an obstacle course complete with beams and bars in one room and a free play room where the kids were allowed to explore their creative freedoms. My girls donned tiaras and princess shoes and ran around exercising as princesses. One boy put on boxing gloves and punched a bag to cool music. My kids were constantly on the move and never bored with this original program. They immediately asked when we would return. The great part for parents is that kids gain a sense of balance, poise, strength, flexibility, and agility without even knowing it! Being associated with a fitness center, you have the option to put your kids in classes while you work out as well.

Overall, it’s a great 45-minute program that promotes fitness, wellness, and most importantly, fun!

Grand Junction Athletic Club Day Spa and Salon
Address: 2515 Foresight Circle, Grand Junction, CO 81505
Phone: (970) 245-4100
Kids Classes run from 9:15 am throughout the day until 5:30 pm
mammajen
Editor

Return to Western Colorado Forum