SUMMER READING PROGRAMS = FREE STUFF!

Find the best deals and bargains from family oriented businesses in Colorado.
Check Out Hundreds of Deals and Coupons

SUMMER READING PROGRAMS = FREE STUFF!

Postby ceece on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Want to have FREE FUN this summer and get your kids to read? Visit your local library and sign up for their summer reading program! Odds are, you will get coupons for free kids' meals and activities. The Jeffco Libraries, for instance, are giving away free Unlimited Rides passes for Heritage Square, a $25 value. During the reading period, your kids can turn in their reading charts for prizes along the way and participate in weekly guessing contests, not to mention catch a free show or two. At the end of the summer (usually around August 1st), kids can turn in their charts for a free book! It is not too late to sign up...hurry to your local library now! :D
ceece
Editor

Re: SUMMER READING PROGRAMS = FREE STUFF!

Postby AMJNBJ on Wed May 20, 2009 2:25 pm

From HeyitsFree.net website:

Free Kids Summer Reading Rewards

As long as you count the backs of cereal boxes, I’m quite the voracious reader. In fact, if your children are anything like me, you may be interested to see this list that Freebies 4 Mom put together of rewards that kids can receive this summer in exchange for doing a little reading. I’ve already written about the Barnes & Noble offer, but the rest should be new to most of us Hiffers.

Scholastic Summer Challenge - Earn points by reading and playing games on their site and in exchange kids can use the points for prizes and sweepstakes entries.

Half-Price Books Feed Your Brain - From June 1-July 31, for every week kids 12 and under read at least 15 minutes, they earn a $3 Half-Price Books gift card. That’s roughly, what, 8 weeks for $32 total? Not bad. I’ve never heard of this place, but apparently they have stores in over a dozen states.

Pottery Barn Book Club - This is actually an ongoing program where they hold a storytime on Tuesdays from 11 to 11:30 am. Once your kid attends 5 sessions and has their booklet stamped, they get a reward. I’m not sure what it actually is (F4M is reporting it’s a $10 off coupon), but this is the perfect way to prepare your child for all the future oil-change stamp cards they’ll need to keep track of later in life.

TD Bank Summer Reading - This is a pretty limited freebie location-wise since the only places with TD banks are on the East coast, but it’s worth posting. If your child reads ten books, then they get $10! Where in the world was this deal when I was a kid?

Borders Reading Challenge - Once children 12 and under read eight books, they good to choose a $4.99 Reading Challenge item, which their flier states is a savings of 50%. So…the items normally cost $10+ and your kid gets them for $5? I gotta say, the wording on their advertisement is a little weak. You’d expect better grammar from a bookstore.

If you know of any more summer reading rewards, let us know about it in the comments!
AMJNBJ
Editor

Return to Deals and Bargains