Sponsored by Qualistar Early Learning
Questions to ask each Child Care Provider you Interview
1. Is this program licensed by the state?
2. Do you have a Qualistar Rating?
3. Is this program accredited by a nationally recognized organization such as the National Association for the Education of Young Children?
4. What are the hours you are open? Are you flexible with those hours?
5. What days are you closed for holidays or staff training?
6. What is the age range of the children in your care?
7. How many children are in each classroom or in your home?
8. What is the provider to child ratio?
9. How long have you and the other providers been here?
10. Can I have a copy of your policies or parent handbook?
11. How will my child spend their day? Tell me about their typical schedule.
12. Tell me about your philosophy regarding caring for children.
13. Do you have a contract and policy statement that I need to sign?
14. What kinds of training has the staff had? Do you know First Aid and CPR?
15. May I have a list of current parent I can contact for feedback on your program?
16. What procedures do you have in place when a medical emergency occurs?
17. What kind of education do the providers have? What additional educational opportunities are the providers given?
18. What kind of daily communication can I expect from you?
19. Are there opportunities for me to participate or be involved in the program?
20. Do you go on field trips? Who drives? Do you have car seats?
21. How do you deal with behavior problems and discipline?
22. How do you involve children with special needs?
For more Find Child Care Tips, and a Find Child Care Information Packet, contact Qualistar Early Learning, a local non-profit organization helping parents find quality care for their children. / 303.339.6823 or firstname.lastname@example.org